SOUNDS OF AZANIA ‘The Soul of Africa’
Sounds of Azania is an online radio station founded in the principles of Ubuntu and Africanism, the aim is to bring Africans together through music, arts, dialogue and culture. Embracing social cohesion while creating platforms to encourage and identify programmes that will help to nurture, create understanding and cooperation between African communities.
Known as the Soul of Africa, Sounds of Azania is a vision of Mr Msizi Mavundla an independent record producer, songwriter, publisher, author and music promoter. He is the Publisher of Urban Sounds Magazine, Founder and Chairperson of Rappers Without Borders, Board Member of the Old School Music Executives. A social entrepreneur in his own right Mr Mavundla is very passionate about youth empowerment, community development and participation and has always created and participated in initiatives and programmes that encourages capacity building, sustainability ensuring the eradication of poverty amongst our communities and unemployment especially for the youth.
The first of its kind, Sounds of Azania is the only radio station that plays 100% African music, creating opportunities for independent artists and the youth, promoting our indigenous languages and culture while also embracing socio-economic cooperation and integration within our SADC communities like Swaziland and Lesotho. The station is about protecting and preserving our heritage and the development of our societies through arts, music and culture.
- Station Manager: Mr Msizi Mavundla
- Content & Programmes Manager: Miss Jennifer Mdluli
- Advertising Sales Manager: Mr Lindokuhle Nogunda Dlomo
- Public Relations Manager: Mr Lethukuthula Makhathini
- Marketing Manager: Miss Noxolo Shange
- Digital Manager: Miss Nompumelelo Skosana
- OB & Technical Manager: Mr Mvikeli Hadebe
- IT Operations Manager: Miss Busisiwe Mathenjwa
- Projects Manager: Mr Fani Moses Ngubeni